Monocular Cordless LED Microscope - 212-RLED
A new standard of precision optics, highly engineered mechanics and very rugged construction, all at a little more cost than a budget microscope. Objective turret (nosepiece) is in reverse position to permit easier changing and positioning of specimen slides. Preferred by teachers, the rechargeable LED illumination system provides optimum image brightness, virtually no bulb heat and has a 50,000-hour rated bulb life.
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle.
- 45° inclined monocular viewing head rotates 360° for easy sharing by more than one student.
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR (1.25 N.A.) objectives are supplied for 40x, 100x, 400x and 1000x magnification. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded.
- 4-hole objective turret, reverse position, ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification.
- LED light rated up to 50,000 hours life, illumination equal to a 20 watt tungsten bulb.
- Batteries allow up to 500 recharges, for a total of 20,000 to 25,000 hours use from a single set of 3 AA rechargeable nickel hydride batteries. Battery charger included with microscope, automatically shuts off when batteries are fully charged - no danger of overcharging batteries and shortening battery life. No expensive recharger station needed. Plug directly into wall outlet, or use ordinary, inexpensive power strip for recharging multiple microscopes. Indicator light changes from red to green when fully charged.
- Single 8 hour charge allows up to 50 hours of use.
- Rheostat intensity control
- Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls.
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed.
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system.
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift.
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses.
- Large 135mm x 135mm (5 1/4 in. x 5 1/4 in.) stage, with professional quality, low profile mechanical specimen holder with low-position coaxial x-y controls.
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser with spiral focusing mount, iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder, blue filter supplied.
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish.
- Base dimensions:
- Height: 380mm (15 in.)
- Net wt. 4.6 kgs (10 lbs).
- Molded styrofoam container with vinyl dustcover.
- Individual: Ship wt. 7 kgs (15 lbs), Dimensions 550x375x375mm (22x15x15 in.)
- Master carton pack 2 each: Ship wt. 13.6 kgs (30 lbs), Dimensions 475x375x525mm (19x15x21 in.)